Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Layout and Links







So, I realized that YouTube links were looking pretty janky when I tried to embed them, so I changed the layout. You like?

Here are the links I will read from now until I go to bed or get bored, whichever comes first.

Books

Even this review isn't all that glowing, I still want to read Olivia Munn's book, Suck it, Wonder Woman.

I can't decide whether I want to read this book about Warner Music or not. It sounds fascinating, though.

TV

Paul Giamatti is set to star as Khrushchev in an HBO film about the dictator's trip to America during the height of the Cold War. In related news, I really want to read the book that this movie is based on.

CBS is batting a thousand right now. They've offended homosexuals AND people over 40! Will CSI: Miami ever regain that crucial gay 45-year-old demographic? Only time will tell.

Here's a list of the five worst movie and TV recasts.

Great Jon Hamm picture OR GREATEST Jon Hamm picture? On a side note, Jon Hamm is hysterical and I hope that, at some point in his career, he gets to show off that gift.

Here's a preview of Showtime's two latest shows, both of which I'm looking forward to.

GLEE NEWS! GLEE NEWS!!

DEXTER NEWS! DEXTER NEWS!!

I always thought that Adam on Parenthood was self-employed, but apparently William Baldwin will be playing his boss.

As American Idol seems to be undergoing some major changes, Ellen DeGeneres has announced she is leaving the show. It's too bad, since I loved her as a judge this past season.

William Shatner has a new show on the Bio channel that actually sounds completely fascinating.

Here's a great article rating TV chefs on their ability to teach you how to cook. Shocking, I know.

Movies

Russel Brand is attempting to branch out with a Shakespeare role and by playing a real-life pirate, it seems.

I thought Charlie St. Cloud might be a quirky drama. Guess I was wrong.

I certainly don't mind silly, so I'm looking forward to Dinner for Schmucks.

Sad news: Maury Chaykin, the character actor who played Nero Wolfe and, my favorite role of his, Bailey Pruitt in Mystery, Alaska died. He was 61.

This review of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, Pt. 1 footage from Comic-Con has me excited.

Video Games

I can imagine this would be the conversation heard in the stands at a Wii Tennis match.

My favorite part of this? A-Health and A-You by Dr. Mario.

You know I was sitting around thinking about what the Wii was missing and, lo and behold, someone figured it out for me: A massage simulator. Just remember, it's games like this that make it the family's console.


This chart could NOT be more accurate.

Social Media

Sketches like this are why College Humor is genius.

The world's oldest tweeter has passed. She was 104.

Other

Here's a hilarious interview with Marc Maron.

I love Corona. Apparently, according to the thousands of intelligence documents that were leaked this week, that love could have killed me if I had been overseas.

If only Yelp! reviews were more like this.


I think the Captain Planet kids should have thought this through.

Best. Toaster. Ever.

I usually don't link to those slideshow presentations of lists that are really annoying and only engineered to generate ad dollars. However, this is a list of the fattiest foods from each of the 50 states. Hysterical.

What kind of geek would I be if I didn't post Chewbacca On a Squirrel Fighting Nazis.

For all of you puzzle solvers out there: put this puzzle together and create a GUN!

Apparently, Android phones use more data than iPhones. In related news, that's because they're awesomer.

Trying to move quickly through a crowd of people? Here are some tips.

Hey, kids! You know what would go great with those folders and pencils you're buying for the school year? JELL-O SHOT CUPS!

Be careful if you ask for an iced coffee drink without the ice. You just might get what you asked for.

www.twitter.com/philwrighthouse
philwrighthouse.blogspot.com
philattheolympics.blogspot.com (I don't update it anymore, but it's awesome just the same)
www.givememyremote.com (search for "Philboy" to see all of my posts.)
www.facebook.com/philwrighthouse

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like the new layout:) Looks great, Fancy pants!