Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Nth Attempt to Finish a Blog Post

So, I've tried, over the past few days, to post about four times. However, I always get caught up in something else and, next thing I know, it's bedtime. Hopefully, it's early enough in the day, I can squeeze out a couple of posts. Here's some linkies.

Music

Tom Jones put out a new album. And, apparently, it isn't bad. Might have to check it out.

Gwenyth Paltrow has released a country song. I'm not sure there's much more I can say about that.

Here are four rappers that should be banned from Twitter. It's also a list of four rappers I've never heard of. So, for those of you keeping track, that list has grown to about 6,301 names.

Here's Sugarland's new single, Stuck Like Glue. Yes, it's on radio right now, but this is the best video I could find.


TV

Here's a hilarious interview with Andy Daly. You might know him from MadTV or Eastbound and Down but you are doing yourself a disservice if you haven't heard his monologues CD, Nine Sweaters.

Here's a gallery of the females of G4 at Comic-Con, including one of my favorite people to ever grace a TV, Olivia Munn.

If you're a Dexter fan and haven't checked out the trailer for the latest season, please peruse it below. You won't regret it. Here's a list of five thoughts from Unreality. I have opinions on most of them, especially the fact that we'll never see John Lithgow on the show again.


Here are six underrated animated series. I definitely agree with The Critic, Daria, and, of course CLERKS being on this list.

I don't know why, but we're always surprised when child stars turn into attractive adults. Shouldn't Alyssa Milano be on this list too, though?

A religion episode, a Rocky Horror tribute, and a ton of new relationships are in the works for the latest season of Glee.

I've heard a lot of great stuff about The Event and the fan of The Class in me will watch Jason Ritter in pretty much anything.

Here's a Castle update from Comic-Con, including some brilliance from Nathan Fillion, Capt. Hammer himself.

The Iron Man anime will air on G4 next year. Warren Ellis, comic legend, help create them. To say the least, I am an excited panda.

Shawn Levy, of Night at the Museum and Date Night fame, is going to direct an adaptation of Alexander and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Day. It was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. I even saw a pretty good stage production at Purdue a few years back.

Nigel Lythgoe, judge on So You Think You Can Dance? and one of the original producers is of American Idol is returning to Idol after a few seasons off. His return signals the tensions between the company that runs the TV side of things and the agency that handles the musical aspect, according to this NYT piece.

ABC head Stephen McPherson, who had ups and downs in his time there, is stepping down. He's responsible for hit shows such as Grey's Anatomy, Dancing with the Stars and Modern Family being on the network.

I love The Guild. First came last season's classic Date My Avatar and now it's this awesomeness.
<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=v5%5E544x306&from=sp&vid=8cb424dc-cbdb-40be-90c5-8fb450462d2f" target="_new" title="Season 4 - Music Video - "Game On"">Video: Season 4 - Music Video - "Game On"</a>

Movies

Casey Affleck in a romantic comedy? Color me skeptical.

In other romantic comedy news, Zach Braff's directorial follow-up to Garden State will be Swingles about single thirty-somethings blah blah.

Here are some awesome Green Lantern posters. I've never been a big fan of the character, but I'm hoping Ryan Reynolds can change my mind.

Speaking of Green Lantern, here's a great clip of a very young fan at Comic-Con getting his amazing request for the Green Lantern oath fulfilled by Hal Jordan himself, Ryan Reynolds.


Looks like Scott Pilgrim was the winner of Comic-Con and the loser was...well...Comic-Con.

Speaking of Scott Pilgrim, here's the first full review I've seen. Spoiler alert: I need to see this movie.

Here's the trailer for Sucker Punch, the latest from Zack Snyder. It looks freaking fantastic...and totally weird.


The new movie This Means War sounds fun, even though I have a hard time two young-ish guys would fight over 2010 Reese Witherspoon. Now, if Legally Blonde Reese shows up, let's burn the whole damn city down.

I know it's tiny, but is this the new Godzilla?
A lot of fanboys were in a tizzy after seeing the Captain America: The First Avenger footage from Comic-Con. Apparently, his costume wasn't exactly right. Well, the Captain himself, Chris Evans, has assuaged everyone's fears.

Here's a fascinating list of 10 movie characters that you never knew were real.

Video Games

Looks like the Skate 3 city planner is in some trouble.

Poor Charmander.

Keep these Videogame Yellow Pages listings in mind next time a damn Italian plumber steps on your head or you need some more coins.

Yes, indeed, 1996 gamers. NBA Jam is returning. This might be my first XBOX Live purchase.

Books

Janet Evanovich and the Stephanie Plum novels, the latest of which I reviewed recently, are moving to a new publisher.

Remember those Choose Your Own Adventure books from when we were kiddies? Well, the author has made a few interactive iPhone/iPad versions. I'm not gonna lie: I'd be scared crapless if I was deep in this story and all of a sudden the "book" buzzed at me. Sounds awesome!

Tuesdays with Morrie author and sportswriter Mitch Albom won the AP's highest honor recently, even though he blatantly made up facts in a column in 2005.

I wasn't a huge fan of Absurdistan, but I'm interested in Gary Shteyngart's latest book, Super Sad True Love Story.
Other

Is VitaminWater good for you? Not really. But, is it delicious. Abso-freaking-lutely.

Don't want to spend all the dough on an iPad? KMart will be selling a $150 Android tablet. Being an Android lover, I'm hoping this is out by Christmas.

An idea in India is combining two of my favorite things: alcohol and reading!

If you were considering creating that website you dreamed of, but needed motivation, here it is: IP addresses will run out next year.

Apparently, Michael Lohan is trying to help Lindsay by getting RDJ to talk to her. Yeah. That's gonna happen.

I HAVE to make this epic breakfast sandwich.

Here's a guy moonwalking in Wal-Mart.



www.twitter.com/philwrighthouse
philwrighthouse.blogspot.com
philattheolympics.blogspot.com (I don't update it anymore, but it's awesome just the same)
www.givememyremote.com (search for "Philboy" to see all of my posts.)
www.facebook.com/philwrighthouse

No comments: