Friday, July 30, 2010

Links!

TV

Carnie Wilson is suing GSN. I guess we now know why she won't be hosting The Newlywed Show this season.

Here's a list of the top 10 sexiest trailer trash characters on TV.

I spent a lot of time with this collection of 80's sitcome opening sequences. My favorite, from Perfect Strangers is below. Classic.


Even though I have just recently discovered the hilarious Julie Klausner and have yet to read her book, I Don't Care About Your Band, I'm still excited about the prospect of an HBO series based on the book starring Lizzy Caplan from The Class and True Blood.

Today begins my crusade to defeat The Beiber for killing Jack Bauer.

Books

Apparently, Jesus isn't profitable enough for Anne Rice, as she's returned to her vampiric fiction.

Movies

Here's another glowing review of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. NEED to see this...and Inception.

The guy behind the original Saw films, as well as Repo: The Genetic Opera is making a 90-minute film with 90 deaths in it. Sounds interesting...and bloody.

Instead of Selma, which was lining up a great cast, it looks like Precious director Lee Daniels might be heading up the story of a White House butler next. Even though this could be a great flick, I'm really looking forward to Selma based on story and cast alone.

Tech

Comcast will soon be releasing an Android app that will allow you to forward home calls to your cell and, most awesomely, record something to you DVR from your phone.

www.twitter.com/philwrighthouse
philwrighthouse.blogspot.com
philattheolympics.blogspot.com (I don't update it anymore, but it's awesome just the same)
www.givememyremote.com (search for "Philboy" to see all of my posts.)
www.facebook.com/philwrighthouse

No comments: