Thursday, July 8, 2010

Morning Read for Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm up, so I'm looking at stuff. Let's begin, shall we?

Movies


Here's the second trailer for The Social Network, the story of Facebook as told by Aaron Sorkin and David Fincher. Looks fantastic to me!

TV

The Emmy nominations came out this morning. Glee cleaned up with 18 nominations! Here's a complete list of the nominees, which most people seem to be happy about. Friday Night Lights finally got some well-deserved nominations. There will probably be a post later today about my full reaction.

Music

Katy Perry hates Miley Cyrus. In, other news, I love Katy Perry even more than I did yesterday. I will use this story as an excuse to post a picture of her.

Media

NPR is changing its name to...umm...NPR. Just ask KFC and FFA.

Other

Some joy-sucking organization is threatening to sue McDonald's if they don't get rid of toys in Happy Meals. If there are no toys in Happy Meals, what's the point in the Happy Meal? I predict that if they get rid of the toy, parents aren't going to buy smaller portions for their children, not solving the problem at all.

The Onion wouldn't be so freaking funny if it weren't so freaking true.

Here's a great guide on how to make your complacent chocolate chip cookies a little better.

Awesome Mario chess cake. My Yoshi just took your Koopa Troopa. And it was DEELISHOUS!

www.twitter.com/philwrighthouse
philwrighthouse.blogspot.com
philattheolympics.blogspot.com (I don't update it anymore, but it's awesome just the same)
www.givememyremote.com (search for "Philboy" to see all of my posts.)
www.facebook.com/philwrighthouse

No comments: