Monday, March 22, 2010

Morning Read for Monday, March 22, 2010

So, I'm trying new things here on the blog to keep it regular (like Metamucil) so, every morning, I'm going to sum up all of the links I read as soon as I wake up and down some coffee. Here we go!

BOOKS

Here's a NYT Book Review piece on two books about Paul Newman and Martha Stewart. One sounds like a loving tribute to a friend and business partner while the other sounds like a salacious tell-all. I doubt I'll read either.

TV

Here's a TV pilot roundup from The Hollywood Reporter. This show "No Ordinary Family" sounds really interesting, so I hope it gets picked up. I think networks know that there's an audience for good superhero-themed shows, but Heroes sure isn't it.

SOCIAL MEDIA

From Mashable comes a Twitter version of the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books from when I was a kid. I plan on doing this at some point.

Here's a great NYT piece about Geo-Location services like FourSquare and Gowalla and how they work in a normal, everyday setting.

Rosie O'Donnell is going to return to TV again. We'll see how that works out. (NYT)

MOVIES

Rebecca Hall from Frost/Nixon will be co-starring with Will Ferrell in an interesting sound movie called Everything Must Go, according to JoBlo.

JoBlo also has a review of How to Train Your Dragon. The full trailer, as opposed to the less-than-stellar Olympics commercials from last month, plus this review make this a must-see for me.

Here's some casting news on Salvation, a very interesting sounding legal thriller with Ed Harris.

I love the A.V. Club's lists. Here are 14 movie ripoffs.

JoBlo has an awesome new poster for The Losers. This looks like it should be a fun movie, even though it coincides with both The A-Team and The Expendables which sound pretty similar.

GAMING

Here's the AV Club's review of Metro 2033. This is the first less-than-stellar review I've read of Metro.

OTHER

Kim Kardashian looking good
, from TMZ.

Apparently, Octomom can keep her house from being foreclosed...for a price. (TMZ)

Tila Tequila's having a garage sale. How far would you be willing to travel to buy a piece of memorabilia from Tila Tequila? (TMZ again.)

This week, I think I'm going to try to make my own Goldfish-like crackers. Thanks, Mashable!

Darth Vader vs. Batman. What else can I say? (Geekologie)

Maybe Catman could defeat Lord Vader? (Geekologie)
-----------
So, there's the first Morning Read? Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see changed or added, or if something doesn't work.

www.twitter.com/philwrighthouse
philwrighthouse.blogspot.com
philattheolympics.blogspot.com (I don't update it anymore, but it's awesome just the same)
www.givememyremote.com (search for "Philboy" to see all of my posts.)
www.facebook.com/philwrighthouse

No comments: