Friday, March 12, 2010

A Horrifying Event and My New Project

From my last post, you might remember that I am currently looking for a job. Now that I'm unemployed, my days consist of a lot of wandering around my apartment and time online. There are many projects I have going at the same time. These include...

  • Watching "Mad Men"
  • Watching "Firefly"
  • Watching the UK version of "Life on Mars"
  • Job hunting
  • Watching all of the Oscar 2010 films, plus several others
Did you see a trend there? I'm taking this opportunity to watch some things I've always wanted to and haven't. But, one thing has been left off of that list.

I kept telling myself that, when it got warmer or when the time was right, I would start working out again. A couple of summers ago, I worked out and went on a diet and lost 25 pounds. It felt fantastic. I was fully ensconced in Celebrity Fit Club-ness with The Fat Smash Diet and the Celebrity Fit Club Boot Camp Workout DVD. But, once I got back to school, that went away (even though I walked everywhere). Now, I don't do either.

My procrastination ended today when, while reaching for a cup of coffee, my gut opened up my media player on my MacBook Pro. That's right...my tum-tum hit the trackpad and opened up VLC player. It was a stunning moment that lead me to plan out a workout plan.

So, my new project is training for a 5K. Who knows whether I'll actually ever run a 5K, but I'm setting my goals high, OK? To help me out, I'm using the Podrunner: Intervals podcast, which changes music to help you time out intervals at which you should walk/run. I need something like this to help me because, otherwise, I would just get bored by it and never workout again. I'll do that three days a week and maybe cardio indoors one day with the The Biggest Loser Workout I have on iTunes. I used it on conjunction with CFC when I lost all that weight and it's fun, short and easy to do in the apartment.

As always, I'm going to make an extreme effort to keep this blog updated with my progress, as well as all of my other projects. The 5K training starts Monday.


www.twitter.com/philwrighthouse
philwrighthouse.blogspot.com
philattheolympics.blogspot.com (I don't update it anymore, but it's awesome just the same)
www.givememyremote.com (search for "Philboy" to see all of my posts.)
www.facebook.com/philwrighthouse

No comments: