Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm Jack Bauer and This is the Longest Weekend of My Life...and the most lucrative

So tomorrow begins Commencement Weekend. It's a long weekend, with two ceremonies on Friday, two on Saturday and one on Sunday. But, I make some mad cash, which will aide in me buying an XBOX 360 from Kyle next weekend. I say next weekend because my previous plans are almost assuredly down the drain. :(

MOVIES

I saw Iron Man again today. Still as amazing as the first time. Nothing new to report, just that it's so well done and Tony Stark/Iron Man is such a unique character in the world of comic book mythos, it's astounding. The man has flaws. He's doing what he does for an absolutely moral reason.

BOOKS

Still rocking "No Country" and "Happy Endings". I did start a new comic book today...shockingly enough the first of a new Iron Man series. This series is really meant to keep people going after they've seen the amazing flick. It introduces SHIELD and introduces Zeke Stane, Obi's son, as the main villain. But, a) I don't trust his chick, whatever the shit her name was and b) I think someone else is behind this. The kid kinda seems like a loser...which is probably his greatest asset. Will definitely be keeping up with that all the way until I leave.

I have to leave in two months. Wow.

I bought a bunch of new books today, so many, in fact, that I hope I won't be buying more before I leave. No guarantees though. I am starting to read a normal linear book and then a book of essays or easily-parsed chapters at night, just to wind down during the day. We'll see if this sticks. Who knows?

Nothing else to report. Posts could be sparse during the weekend, but we'll try.

VID TIME

So, here's a video that I was reminded of today and that was a crucial part to my male adolescence. Heather Graham is a goddess. If you haven't seen "Boogie Nights" drop reading my shitty blog right now and check it out. Amazing all the way around.

No comments: