Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Morning Read for Tuesday, April 6, 2010

TV

MSNBC has suspended David Schuster after he taped a pilot with CNN, which is apparently against the rules.

I'm glad that everyone is on board with me in HATING the TRAVESTY that is the "One Shining Moment" remake. And, let it be noted, I have nothing against Jennifer Hudson. But you don't step through a Van Gogh...just let it be as awesome as it is.

SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT: Here's my review of last night's 24 doubleheader on Give Me My Remote.

Apparently, some people who get homes from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition are being forced into foreclosure. They take out too much equity on the homes to start their own businesses and you can figure out the rest from there.

E!'s Save Our Show campaign is down to its final five. My votes are for Life Unexpected and Chuck, since I'm 99% sure Parenthood will be picked up again by a desperate NBC.

Here's a great NYT piece on the writers' room of 24.

Sports


Even though I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Cubs fan, I could get on board with the Natinals. And, no, that isn't a typo. Apparently, it has a lot of perks.

Here's a list of Sports Occasions that should be declared national holidays.

Social Media

Would you use Facebook integrated into iTunes? I'm mostly off of the Facebook wagon, so I doubt I would, but I'm sure millions are in tune with this (no pun intended, I swear).

Video Games

I love the infographic craze that has been going around lately. Here's one about Nintendo that I guarantee will teach you something.

Movies

Cute Winona Ryder will join Vince Vaughn in Ron Howard's new comedy.

What first appeared to be an April Fools' Day joke is now looking more like a reality: Joss Whedon might direct Marvel's big Avengers film. Keep in mind that The Avengers is the lynchpin in Marvel Studio's business plan, so it will be very interesting to see how it all plays out with this.

Harrison Ford might join Jon Favreau in Cowboys vs. Aliens. Awesome!

Why must George Lucas continue to rape millions of childhoods? He is now planning an animated Star Wars sitcom. Seriously.

Even though it's a copycat of the much better The Cube, the enjoyable Minute to Win It has been renewed. Also, ABC is developing a skyscraper game show. Huh?

Other

If California legalizes marijuana, what will that do to the UCLA drug dealers in the world?

Could there be an actual Verizon iPhone? I doubt it. Even if there was, I love my Driod. Wouldn't give it up for anything.

Dairy Queen will now be offering a Mini Blizzard. Would you eat more ice cream if it was in a smaller size?

Will adding proper nouns to Scrabble tear this country apart?

www.twitter.com/philwrighthouse
philwrighthouse.blogspot.com
philattheolympics.blogspot.com (I don't update it anymore, but it's awesome just the same)
www.givememyremote.com (search for "Philboy" to see all of my posts.)
www.facebook.com/philwrighthouse

No comments: