Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oscar Quest '09 Begins

So, this morning, in the early hours, the nominations for the 2009 Academy Awards were announced. As usual, I have begun a quest to watch all of the films in all of the major categories by the beginning of the ceremony on February 22.

That's right. I have a month. Here, ladies and germs, are the movies I'll have to watch by then.

The Visitor
Frost/Nixon
Milk
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Revolutionary Road
Rachel Getting Married
Changeling
Frozen River
The Reader
Vicky Christina Barcelona
Bolt
Wall-E
Happy-Go-Lucky
In Bruges

14 movies. 30 days. It begins soon...and it will all be documented, in detail, on this blog and on twitter.

www.twitter.com/philwrighthouse
philwrighthouse.blogspot.com
philattheolympics.blogspot.com (I don't update it anymore, but it's awesome just the same)
http://philwrighthouse.blogspot.com/
www.givememyremote.com (search for "Philboy" to see all of my posts.)

3 comments:

KittyMarie said...

I can't believe you haven't seen Wall-E yet! Definitely one of the cutest movies in recent memory - and I love how expressive the robots are with extremely minimal dialogue!

Unknown said...

I saw part of it, but it was in Beijing on a kind of crappy copy.

KittyMarie said...

You are forgiven.