Sunday, October 19, 2008

Late Night Work Post

So, I'm here working the overnighter at the office. Last time I blogged during work, I'm not going to lie, it was incredibly boring. But, I thought I would give everyone an update on my crazy life, or as much as I can without incriminating myself too much.
And, no, I'm not kidding.
Let's say where there was zero a month ago, there are two now. One is a rose with thorn and the other is...well i don't know yet. Anyone who needs to know can ask...most likely.
In other news...well there isn't any other news. I saw three movies last week, including Nick and Nora.
There was "Flash of Genius".

This is the real story of Bob Kearns, who invented the intermittent windshield wiper. Yes, I know, from that line alone, you've stopped reading this blog and gotten online to see where it's playing near you, but why don't you just hear me out?
"Flash of Genius" is really about Kearns' legal struggle after the Ford Motor Company stole his patent for the intermittent wiper.
It's a story you've seen beofre, and honestly, you've seen it done better. But it's a fun David and Goliath tale that plays out well.
Then, there was "The Express".
Anyone who knows me will not be shocked by the fact that I saw two "Based on a True Story" films in three days. And, those same people will be even LESS shocked by the fact that one of them was a film where a character overcomes adversity through the medium of sport.
"The Express" is the true story of the man who invented the intermittent windshield wiper.
Kidding.
"The Express is the true story of Ernie Davis, the Syracuse graduate who became the first African-American to win the Heisman Trophy. Again, like in "Flash of Genius", you've seen it before, but you don't really care. It's a fun fun ride.
Then, some things happened. Again, ask and you might receive.
Well, that's what's happening on this front. Sorry I had to be so cryptic, but eyes are watching all over.

1 comment:

KittyMarie said...

Enigmatic. Enigmatic.