Thursday, May 2, 2013

My Day of Media: May 1, 2013

It's May Day, folks. And in the words of Justin Timberlake circa 2001...



Thanks, Justin. Guys, throw Justin a bone and check out his latest album, which I haven't really enjoyed yet.

Anyway, the grass is cut, my anxiety about life is down a bit I'm looking forward to a day of stuff and things!

1) The Nerdist: Lily Tomlin


If you're not familiar, Chris Hardwick, comedian and former host of "Singled Out" back in the day, calls himself the Nerdist and has revolutionized the world with websites, TV shows, Web shows, and podcasts. He had Lily Tomlin on who was just fascinating. Definitely worth a listen.

2) Who Charted?: Eddie Pepitone

WeWe, Eddie, and KuKu

I love "Who Charted?" Let me state that right out of the gate. It's a fantastic podcast with Kulap Vilaysack (KuKu) and Howard Kramer (WeWe) where they count down the top five songs and movies currently with a guest. But, Eddie Pepitone's disgruntlement wore me down in this episode. We get it, Eddie: All movies and songs suck. I'm not saying that every guest should love it, but it got exasperating to me. Plus, the Chart Goose segment was awkward, since Eddie knew NOTHING about his hometown. An okay episode, but go back to the Paul F. Tompkins or DC Pierson episodes if you've never heard the show before.

3) Songza "Summer Fling" playlist

For those of you who don't know, Songza is a streaming music site that, honestly, puts Pandora to shame. The shining feature is a concierge service. It uses the time of day to suggest activities that you might be doing and then suggests playlists to accompany you. For example, it was Wednesday late morning, I wanted to keep summer going, so it gave me the "Summer Fling" playlist, which was awesome. Check out the playlist and the site here.

4) SModcast: Fatalie

Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier talk about George Jones dying and the fact that Kevin knows more about TV teenager problems than algebra. Fun is had by all.




No comments: